Monday, January 10, 2011

Changes a brewing

Guillermo started official preschool last Thursday. He is excited to go back again this week, and since I have a baby shower to plan and get ready for, I gotta say, I'm happy too! His first day of school was quite exciting. After circle time, the class moves around 5 or 6 different learning centers based on different topics (science, language, math, computers, art, etc.). His favorite part was playing with snow inside and mixing colors with eye droppers (or, "suckers", as he referred to them). He didn't get to check out the computer center because it was so popular that he didn't get a chance, but he wants to try it this week). I think he has been ready to go this next level for some time, but mommy finally caught up! I must say that leaving him there was probably a lot harder for me than him!

The only down side of this new adventure is that we have to quit attending the cooperative preschool that we've been at for 3 years because the days don't match up. I'm on the board at the cooperative, and it means that I have to resign before my post ends as well. Sadness mixed with happiness. I'll miss the co-op, and hopefully in a little over a year, I can attend again with our new little one.

Speaking of the new little one: We are now at 15 weeks. I heard the heartbeat for the first time today (although we had seen an ultrasound at approx 12 weeks too). At 12 weeks, the heartbeat was 168 and now it's still 165...the midwife's comment was, "Wow! You've got a live wire in there!" after she had to move the doppler several times because the baby was moving around. I told her that I thought our first child was the live wire!? I had a short moment of thinking OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE??? But, I'm sure the baby was just in party mode at the moment and will end up a calm, quiet, reserved child in the end. Haha!

5 comments:

RubyMel said...

is when I read NKOTB, the first thing that came up was the singing group--I thought you were having a 90's moment there.

Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma said...

It is...New Kid on the Block! Teehee!

Wendy said...

Love the new blog name!

You didn't happen to be eating any of those giant chewy nerds right before the u/s, did you?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Kristy. She was busy too with a fast heart beat. Should be fun!
Sherry

Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma said...

Oh my! A Kristy? Well, I could deal with a Kristy :) Wendy, nope, no Chewy Nerds that morning!

All about Guillermo and Alma. Our little people.