Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy 18 months!

And he turns 1.5!

Guillermo's unofficial weight is 31 lbs, though he fluctuates between 29 and 31 on our scale at home. Not sure how tall he is--we'll find out at his appointment in a few weeks! I was talking to Bill about his (Guillermo's, not Bill's!) language skills the other night, and commenting that some 18-month-olds can use 2-word sentences. I was saying that Guillermo isn't at that level yet, and went on to tell him how all day, Guillermo says, "Daddy bye-bye". Bill looked at me and said, "Babe, that's a 2-word sentence.". So, Guillermo has one 2-word sentence! Other words include, "ball", "bird" and "meow!" to name a few. New feats include using the big boy slide at the park, climbing the slide from the bottom to the top, spinning around in circles, fake falling with a dramatic flare, collecting rocks, watering the lawn and hugging the cat gently. Six more months until the big T-W-O!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would not worry about him not talking all day in two word sentences. He is doing some. You will hear him soon enough speaking in sentences. Children have their own time when they are ready to do things - right now there are other skills more important to him than talking. If what I hear from you is correct, he communicates very well. Love Grandma Norma

RubyMel said...

Hey his sentences are better than mine in the morning! All I can muster is coffee, coffee.

Thomas and Lindsey said...

I'm sure you'll soon wish for the days he kept his mouth shut !! I bet he's the type to NEVER close it... and I do mean NEVER LOL :) You'll need ear plugs!
Can't wait to se him you all : )
Lindsey

Christina said...

He is such a cutie. He looks more and more like Bill everyday. Don't worry about the talking. Doug did't really use simple sentences until 3 and now there are times I cannot get hims to be quiet, even at the age of 13. Rachel and Doug want to see all of you soon.
Love, Aunt Christina

Sherry said...

I love the picture. He is growing too fast. Can't wait to see you guys. Hugs Sherry

Wendy said...

I want Graham to start talking better, too, just so he'll be able to tell me what he wants instead of just pointing, grunting, and then throwing a huge tantrum when I don't understand him!

Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma said...

Teehee, Wendy, that sounds familiar! I feel bad for them...it must be really frustrating for them at this age! I can't believe how grown up Graham is getting. Almost 2!

All about Guillermo and Alma. Our little people.